Thursday, May 12, 2011

Conquista Me

A veses sueño,
Somtimes i spelunk,
Pero sin dudar...
I never jump
Sin preguntar
Sometimes i cry,
A veses yo siento...
A whimsical notion
Y me ensima.
All fairytales expunge
Fuera de un libro,
With a plethora
De palabras
Of eloquent love.
Me hacen pensar
In an item
De tí y de mí.


In this poem I wanted to incorporate Spanish to mix things up.  Speaking Spanish is different than writing it.  What I found most difficult was making it flow while still making sense with the English.  In the end I find it satisfying to be able to speak both languages and express it in a way that makes sense to me.  In the future I will also be writing complete pieces in Spanish with an English translation.  Stay posted!

2 comments:

  1. Well I wish I knew some Spanish...however, without really knowing it I still really liked whatever this is, makes me feel like it hits home with you. Teach me what it means? Haha, good job MC.

    ReplyDelete